ONTRAS offers transport customers a transmission network with over 7,000 kilometres of gas pipelines and about 450 network interconnection points. Integrated metering- and control systems as well as compressor stations provide a high operating flexibility. High safety standards as well as competent, IQM- and TSM-certified service providers guarantee the maximum technical availability of the management system.
A modern pipeline management system as well as a network of cooperating service providers ensure the efficient repair and maintenance of the ONTRAS transmission network.
|Length of transmission system:||approx. 7,000 km|
|Number of physical Network connection points:||approx. 450|
|Number of trans-border network points:||4|
|Number of Entries:||15 (incl. aggregate production facility)|
|Number of Exits/Exit zones:||78|
|Number of Biogas feed-in plants at the ONTRAS Network:||22|
|Number of hydrogen feed-in plants at the ONTRAS Network:||2|
Specifications as per §27 para. (2) GasNEV (German Gas Network Fees Ordinance) for the calendar year 2018:
- Length of the gas pipeline network: 6,935 km
(260 km of which in co-ownership, thus ONTRAS Gastransport GmbH has only a proportionate right of use)
- Length of the gas pipeline network according to pipeline diameter classes
Class A: 233 km (233 km in co-ownership)
Class B: 1,714 km
Class C: 3,147 km (19 km of which in co-ownership)
Class D: 832 km (8 km of which in co-ownership)
Class E: 677 km
Class F: 219 km
Class G: 113 km
- Annual energy output extracted by redistributors and end consumers: 163 billion kWh
- Number of exit points in the high-pressure network: 445
- Year's peak load for all extractions at one time: 42,295 MW on 2018/02/28, 8 a. m.